- Masters Degree in Theology, i.e. MDiv, MAMS, MAR
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 of higher on a scale of 4.0
- English language proficiency
- Applicants whose language of origin is not English and/or have not had previous instruction in English must provide evidence of competence in English, which may include taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the Test of Written English (TWE), both administered by the Educational Testing Service and regularly at many centers throughout the world.
Needed Application Materials
- Completed Application
- $35 Application Fee
- Transcripts - official transcripts from all colleges or universities where you completed undergraduate or graduate work
- Recommendations - two total recommendations from:
- Your pastor bishop of ecclesiastical overseer
- A professor from your first theological graduate degree
- A brief statement indicating your reasons for beginning the STM degree
Candidates for rostered ministry in the ELCA, or other denominations, are encouraged to submit their candidacy entrance essay in lieu of the above.
Download and fill out the application forms today!
Admission is on a "rolling" basis, with entrance into the program open on a year around basis.
Tuition and Fees